Happy School Program aims to provide/upgrade the infrastructural and co-scholastic facilities in state funded schools, to make them secure, attractive and happy learning places for students and teachers.
According to the Annual Status of Education Report* (ASER) 2014: 58.85% Government schools have boundary wall. 65.3% Government schools have a playground. 78.1% Government schools have libraries. 65.2% Government schools have useable toilets. Further, 55.7% Government Schools have useable girls' toilets. 75.6% Government schools have drinking water facilities. The data above relates to Government and Government-aided primary/elementary schools in rural areas and clearly indicates that support is still required in infrastructure and facility development in these schools.
The objective of the Happy School Programme is to provide/upgrade the infrastructural and co-scholastic facilities in govt or govt aided schools, to make them secure, attractive and happy learning places for students and teachers, to prevent drop outs.
Achievements : 2,758 Government and Government-aided schools converted into Happy Schools.
COMPONENTS UNDER HAPPY SCHOOL :
- Painted, well maintained and secure school building
- Adequate and functional separate toilets for boys and girls
- Hand-washing stations
- Clean and adequate drinking water for both students and teachers
- Play material, games and sports equipment
- Benches, desks for students
- Well maintained space for teaching staff
- Shoes and School Bags for students
For any queries write to : email@example.com
© 2018 Rotary India Literacy Mission, All Right Reserved RILM