This project (consisting of one scheme) aims to select elementary schools and provide/upgrade infrastructural and/or co-scholastic facilities there to make them secure, attractive and happy learning-teaching places for students and teachers.
- Painted, well maintained and secure school building,
- Adequate and functional separate toilets for boys and girls,
- Hand washing stations,
- Clean and adequate drinking water for both students and teachers,
- Play material, games and sports equipment,
- Benches, desks for students,
- Well maintained space for teaching staff,
- Shoes and School Bags for students.
[*In this context, “secure” means a school building secured with boundary wall or fencing and entry-exit gate/s with locking facility. This facility (of secured school premises) and those at sr. nos. ii, iv and vi are mandatory under the RTE Act.]
The criterion for selection of a school for this project is the absence of at least five (5) of the above-mentioned requisites. Such a school will qualify to be termed “Happy” only when all nine (9) facilities are provided.