Happy School Program aims to provide/upgrade the infrastructural and co-scholastic facilities in state funded schools, to make them secure, attractive and happy learning places for students and teachers.
A positive and a cheerful school environment with all basic-infrastructure present can increase student enrolment, yield better attendance which leads to higher retention and improves concentration which leads to better learning outcome among students.
Achievement: Since the inception of the TEACH program, RILM have successfully transformed 3,112 government and government-aided schools across the country through Rotary clubs and districts.
Happy School Implementation
RILM's Happy School program focuses on establishing 9 basic infrastructural components in a school which are non-existent and are very crucial for children during their growing years in school. The program is implemented directly by the Rotarians across the country with programmatic support from RILM.
- Decide the location & number of schools to be converted into Happy School
- For selecting a Happy School it is recommended that a Club surveys five Government/Government-aided primary or elementary schools, using the Comprehensive School Survey Form (Form No R1.1). Each surveyor will have to undertake a physical inspection of the school, have to take pictures of the existing condition of each facility/service and speak to the head teacher, SMC members, teachers and students to ascertain the condition of the facilities in the school
- Finalize the facilities to be provided in the School from the survey and ensure you have good quality pictures of these facilities
- If the school lacks 6 items, the Club is expected to provide for all 6. If the Club is not able / willing to take up all 6 items and wants to take up just 5, then it has to ensure that the school itself has either planned to or will soon provide for the remaining item in its School Development Plan. Thus Clubs are advised to coordinate with School Management Committee throughout the process
- Arrange for funding for the facilities to be provided and undertake execution of the project
- Upload project details on website as in format of HS 2.1 along with good quality pictures
As a part of the Happy School program RILM is implementing two other important projects:
Annapurna Project aims to eradicate hunger among children to ensure better school attendance and improve nutrition and health indicators of children in the country.Click here for Annapurna project
As a part of Happy School's Library component, RILM has initiated the Padho Bharat project to give books for the purpose of creating libraries in Govt. And Govt-aided schools.Click here for Padho Bharat project
Through the Annapurna Project, Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) aims to eradicate hunger among children, ensure better school attendance and improve nutrition and health indicators of children in the country. It envisions doing so by providing 1 Million meals to the underprivileged children in collaboration with Indian Food Banking Network.
Orient Black Swan partnered with Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) by donating 2.6 million books in 5 states across India. These books were destined to be pulped for change in syllabus of NCERT schools.
Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) entered into a partnership with Ratnanidhi Charitable Trust to establish 1,000 libaries across India. Each Library would set up with 100 books.
Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) forged partnership with Magnum Sadoshima Ispat Pvt. Ltd. focusing on providing benches/desks at schools. The partnership will provide the clubs with 1:1 Matching CSR Grant and Special Prices for Bulk orders on Benches and Desks.
PROSOC means PROducts for SOCiety. It is a for-profit social enterprise.
Forms and FormatsGrant Application Form for Happy School H.S 1.1
Project Upload Form for Happy Schools H.S 2.1
Monitoring Visit Form For Happy School H.S 3.1
Project Upload Form for Libray Creation H.S 4.1
Monitoring Visit Form For Library H.S 5.1
Padho Bharat Library Creation Offline Form with RILM Intervention
Happy School FAQ
For any queries write to : firstname.lastname@example.org