THE Child Development PROGRAM
Child Development program aims to bring/send back out-of-school children to schools. Under this program children from vulnerable communities, who have never been enrolled at any school or have dropped out from school (or irregular in school), or laggard children are mainstreamed/regularised ensuring their retention in schools after required brushing up. The objective is to facilitate these children' access to mainstream state funded primary/elementary schools. Sending a child back to school costs Rs.2500/- per year.
ASHA KIRAN – A ray of hope is the name given to the Child Development initiative to bring/send back targetted 100,000 children to school. This program has been undertaken to fulfill the goals of Child Development vertical of RILM.
Achievement : 34,232 out of school children have been enrolled in the Asha Kiran program, out of which 17,465 children have been mainstreamed in schools.
Who are Asha Kiran Children?
- Children in the age group of 7 to 14 years
- Children who have never been to school
- Children who are not attending school but enrolled, irregular or absent for more than 45 days without any information to school
- Children who are laggard in comparison to his/her age and class.
- Children could be 'Children at Risk', like children of inmates, children in conflict with law, runaway children, children of sex workers, children of migrant workers, victims of child labour practices, HIV positive children, children of HIV positive parents, orphans and 'Children in need of Special Care and Protection'.
Asha Kiran Implementation
- Proposals are invited from NGOs working in the field of child education and mainstreaming out-of-school children by placing an advertisement on social development sector websites or through referrals made by Rotarians or network partners.
- NGOs are shortlisted after the process of desk appraisal of proposals received.
- Field Appraisal of shortlisted NGOs are to be facilitated by NCM. Presence of Rotarian/ IW Member is desirable. Presence of RILM Office Staff / Executive is mandatory.
- National Committee (Child Development) approval of NGO is required before signing of MoU.
- The selected NGOs are requested to prepare profiles of the children in stipulated format.
- RILM Office & NGO organizes a child screening process. RILM Office is responsible for child screening. Presence of Rotary / IW Member is desirable.
- The partner NGO uploads the data of approved children on the RILM website. RILM staff cross checks the data before disbursal of funds.
- Every donor is tagged with number of Asha Kiran Children he/she has sponsored and can track the progress of the children by logging into www.rotaryteach.org. The total list of children under the program is available at the website; however for children whose identity is to be protected, the pictures are not uploaded.
- Identify out of school children as per Asha Kiran criteria
- Fill up the child profile format prior to the child approval process
- Upload the child profiles on the RILM website.
- After the MoU is signed and all formalities are completed, the NGO will have to run an intermediary centre called the "Asha Kiran Centre".
- The NGO is expected to conduct daily classes for these children and provide them with the educational support along with the following :
- Motivate the children at the centres to attend classes at Asha Kirancentres regularly.
- Enrol the children in state funded schools and motivate them to keep regular attendance and monitor their attendance.
- Community mobilization of the parents and other stakeholders to send the children to school.
- Make learning interesting and attractive at the Asha KiranCentres
- Ensuring children achieve learning levels commensurate to their age and class.
- Maintain a progress report of every child in a pre-determined format suggested by RILM
- Uploading monthly MIS on www.rotaryteach.org
- Submission of quarterly program & finance report to RILM.
- Submission of original, signed, mainstreaming certificates to RILM.
- Submission of project completion report and fund utilization certificate to RILM
- DNS Memorial Public School, Garwara Bazar, Pratapgarh.pdf
- NB FC Junior High School, Bhaosi, Pratapgarh.pdf
- Gadabhanderpur Primary School.pdf
- Rajkiya Prathamik Vidyalaya, Badarwas Jodtwara, Jaipur.pdf
- Rajkiya Uchamadhyamik Vidyalaya, Panchwa, Jaipur.pdf
- Middle School, Akhtiyarpur.pdf
- Middle School, Dumari.pdf
- Hemnagar High School.pdf
- South Jogeshgunj D. para. P. Hemnagar, F.P School.pdf
- Haturia Nowapara Primary School.pdf
The Asha Kiran Donation DetailsClick here to download PDF
Forms and FormatsClick here view and download forms
For any queries write to : email@example.comClick here to View the List Asha Kiran Centre Details
Click here to View the List of Asha Kiran NGO Partner