This project seeks to educate adult non-literates in urban and rural areas, provide opportunities for continuing education to such neo-literates and impart skill development training to adult neo-literates leveraging available government assistance.
The schemes included in this project are:
- Selection of adult (15+ years) non-literate men and women
- in urban slums/bastis and rural areas proximate to Rotary Clubs
- with emphasis on working women, adolescent girls mothers/home-makers, and
- imparting basic literacy to such adults
- through selected qualified volunteers and
- using available primers, etc., and, wherever feasible, e-learning modules
- Facilitating active participation of Rotarians, their spouses, Inner Wheel members, Rotaractors, Interactors and Rotary Community Corps (RCC) members to register and work as volunteers for above-mentioned activities.
- Encouraging individual Rotarians and their family members to also ensure imparting literacy to/upgrading literacy status of all members of their office and domestic staff.
- Providing opportunities to the neo-literates for Continuing Education (CE) by creating community libraries, organizing quiz contests, etc.
- Arranging for vocational training for skill development or skill up-gradation to
- unemployed adult neo-literates, and
- literate adults employed in low-skill jobs
Forms and FormatsClick here for Forms relating Adult Literacy
What are the courses offered under the MKCL - RILM Partnership?
- 1. KLiC- RILM Certificate in Information Technology
- 2. KLiC- RILM Certificate in Video Editing
- 3. KLiC- RILM Certificate in Content Illustration
- 4. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Web Designing
- 5. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Graphic Designing
- 6. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Photo Editing
- 7. KLiC-RILM Certificate Stationery Designing
- 8. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Desktop Publishing
- 9. KLiC-RILM Certificate in 2D Animation
- 10. KLiC-RILM Certificate in AutoCAD
- 11. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Financial Accounting with Tally ERP
- 12. KLiC-RILM Certificate in IT Hardware Support
- 13. KLiC-RILM Certificate in IT Network Support
- 14. KLiC-RILM Certificate in IT Security Support
- 15. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Desktop Support
- 16. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Marketing Material Designing
- 17. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Tour Planning
- 18. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Presentation Designing
- 19. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Office Assistance
- 20. KLiC-RILM Certificate in Advanced Excel
- 21. KLiC-RILM Certificate in SCRATCH Programming
By devoting approximately 1 hour/day for 5 days a week, a learner can complete a course in a period of 2 months and thus be more skilled to compete for jobs in the service sector. The courses in audio-visual format promote self-directed learning with easy to follow instructions and by presenting challenges and case studies for the learner to work on and learn through. At the end of the course, post an online evaluation, the learners will receive an e-certificate.
What is the Role of Rotary Clubs?
- Rotary Clubs will have to identify learners- underprivileged persons, 14+ years of age, who are seeking to acquire vocational skills for their career development. They could be anyone- from students of Govt. Schools and Colleges, head loaders, taxi drivers, house maids, tea vendors and so on- anyone who has the interest to apply for decently paid respectable jobs in the service sector but lacks the skills required.
- Rotary Clubs will support the learner through payment of the course fee – Rs.1000/learner and registering the learner for any of the courses listed above. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Rotary Clubs will identify the venue based on the model it chooses:
- a. Online model: Courses maybe offered through Computer Labs (with internet connection) of Schools/Colleges, Cyber Cafes etc.
- b. Off-line model: The content is loaded onto a local server (a computer) and thus available to other computers connected by a LAN to it. The local server needs to simply connect to the internet once in two days.
- Rotary Clubs will mentor their learners to complete the courses and help them to chart out their career paths.