The Rotary India Literacy Mission (RILM) is an initiative of Rotary South Asia Society for Development and Cooperation (RSAS). The objectives of RILM are Total literacy and Quality Education in India. To achieve that RILM have designed a comprehensive program called "T-E-A-C-H", where T stands for Teacher Support, E for E-learning, A for Adult Literacy, C for Child Development and H for Happy Schools.
- Teacher Support program aims is to improve the professional abilities and performances of teachers through training on classroom management, recognition of outstanding teachers through Nation Builder Award and supplementing the efforts of teachers through organizing engagement ofvolunteer teachers in schools.
- E-learning aims to improve the quality of teaching and learning experience through the use of curriculum based audio visual modules in local languages. It is a single classroom installation through an integrated solution of hardware and software.
- Adult Literacy program seeks to impart functional literacy skills to non-literate adults (15+ ages); for this purpose RILM have designed a set of primers. To achieve the goal of educating illiterate person’s students of class VIII onwards were used asvolunteers on a one-to-one teaching program. Along with the literacy program skill development related trainings are also organized through various resource organizations for capacity building of the underprivileged section of the population.
- Child Development program is also known as Asha Kiran …a ray of hope is to bring /send out of school children back to schools. The program is currently being implemented in 15 states of India in partnership with 30 Non-Government Organizations.
- Under Happy School program is about improvement / upgrading specific infrastructural facilities of Government / Government-aided primary and elementary schools to create a joyful teaching learning experience for both students and teachers.
Each of these programs has a specific focus and is interlinked with each other in achieving the common goal of bringing total literacy and improving the learning outcomes of primary education, in various parts of the country.
© 2019 Rotary India Literacy Mission, All Right Reserved RILM